SRN Adarsh College offers three years BA program (under semester system) with CBCS scheme of NEP from the academic year 2023-2024.
The college offers the following three courses in BA program:
SRN Adarsh College is committed to provide value-based education for holistic development of the student and to make them employable.
The Department of Arts applies innovative teaching pedagogy with a balance of theoretical and practical applications. The course curriculum immensely help students in gaining hands-on industry experience through internships, industry visits and interactive sessions from experts in the respective fields.
B.A- Psychology is a right choice for career in:
- Probation and Parole officers
- Human resource manager
- Social Worker
- Pursuing higher education- Clinical Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Counselling Psychology etc.
B.A- Journalism is a right choice for career in:
- Television and Radio producers
- Public Relation Officer
- Content Writers
- Multimedia specialist
- Social media manager
- Pursuing higher education- Media Research, Media Analyst, Mass Communication etc.
B.A - Economics is a right choice for career in:
- Financial risk analyst
- Data analyst
- Economic researcher
- Investment analyst
- Higher education in relevant field
Objectives of BA
- To help students develop knowledge, attitude and values appropriate to the practice of journalism profession.
- To stimulate and encourage integration of theory and practices of journalism.
- To impart education and training in research activities and thereby exposing students to new areas of multi-disciplinary learning.
- To provide a knowledge base of human behaviour across the broad areas of psychology.
- To become acquainted with applications of psychology in the profession associated with psychology field.
- To develop a strong research backgrounds and understanding of the subject foundation of psychology.
- To equip students with skills and knowledge in the use of economic theory and practice in the evolving job market.
- To initiate the students into the acquisition and applications of diverse economic theories.
- To develop the potential among students for higher education, research and career placement.
Value Added Programmes
The Department of Arts offers Value Added Programs for the benefit of the students ensuring practical exposure such as,
- Certificate course in French/ German
- Counselling Psychology
- Sign Language
- Health psychology
- TV/News anchoring
- Web journalism
- Copy writing
- Social media content writing
- Skill enhancement course in Computer Literacy
- Certificate course in Research Methodology