Journalism, Psychology and Economics- BA
SRN Adarsh College offers three years BA program (under semester system) with CBCS scheme of NEP from the academic year 2023-2024.
The college offers the following three courses in BA program:
SRN Adarsh College is committed to provide value-based education for holistic development of the student and to make them employable.
The Department of Arts applies innovative teaching pedagogy with a balance of theoretical and practical applications. The course curriculum immensely help students in gaining hands-on industry experience through internships, industry visits and interactive sessions from experts in the respective fields.
B.A- Psychology is a right choice for career in:
- Probation and Parole officers
- Human resource manager
- Social Worker
- Pursuing higher education- Clinical Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Counselling Psychology etc.
B.A- Journalism is a right choice for career in:
- Television and Radio producers
- Public Relation Officer
- Content Writers
- Multimedia specialist
- Social media manager
- Pursuing higher education- Media Research, Media Analyst, Mass Communication etc.
B.A - Economics is a right choice for career in:
- Financial risk analyst
- Data analyst
- Economic researcher
- Investment analyst
- Higher education in relevant field
Objectives of BA
- To help students develop knowledge, attitude and values appropriate to the practice of journalism profession.
- To stimulate and encourage integration of theory and practices of journalism.
- To impart education and training in research activities and thereby exposing students to new areas of multi-disciplinary learning.
- To provide a knowledge base of human behaviour across the broad areas of psychology.
- To become acquainted with applications of psychology in the profession associated with psychology field.
- To develop a strong research backgrounds and understanding of the subject foundation of psychology.
- To equip students with skills and knowledge in the use of economic theory and practice in the evolving job market.
- To initiate the students into the acquisition and applications of diverse economic theories.
- To develop the potential among students for higher education, research and career placement.
Value Added Programmes
The Department of Arts offers Value Added Programs for the benefit of the students ensuring practical exposure such as,
- Certificate course in French/ German
- Counselling Psychology
- Sign Language
- Health psychology
- TV/News anchoring
- Web journalism
- Copy writing
- Social media content writing
- Skill enhancement course in Computer Literacy
- Certificate course in Research Methodology
The gathering, documenting and disseminating of news and reports has been an integral part of human civilization for centuries, offering us connection and vital ways to learn and news, both locally and from around the world, Freedom of the press is essential for a fully functioning democratic society and students can play a pivotal role in this by studying and working in the field of Journalism. Students may also gain experience and contacts in the industry by interning for a local newspaper Industry/ Television channel/Radio.
Psychology is the scientific study of human mind and behaviour. Psychology aims to understand the behaviour of others and gather information about the way brain works in order to better serve humanity. Psychology seeks to understand and explain how people think act and feel. Psychologists strive to learn more about the factors that impact thoughts and behaviour ranging across biological, personal, emotional, vocational and social pressures.
Psychology equip students to use their knowledge of human behaviour in their daily lives. Developing the ability to communicate better, mange emotions, improve inter and intra personal relationship, adopt oneself to changing situation and enhance cognitive abilities and excellent research and analytical skills are a few benefits of studying psychology in the Under graduate programmes.
A practical insight into the psychological field is achieved by interning in various Psychiatric hospital, special schools, rehabilitation centres , de-addiction centres etc.
Economics is the study of scarcity and its implications for the use of resources, production of goods and services, growth of production and welfare over time, and a great variety of other complex issues of vital concern to society. The central quest of economics is to determine the most logical and effective use of resources to meet private and social goals. Production and employment, investment and savings, health, money and the banking system, government policies on taxation and spending, international trade, industrial organization and regulation, urbanization, environmental issues and legal matters, are just a sampling of the concerns at the heart of the science of economics.